Jan - Owner of Piranha Divers - PADI Master Instructor #963835 (German, English)
I am Jan I first started diving in 1999, basically as soon as I was old enough to put on a scuba tank and stay underwater. That first dive into the deep was in a chilly German quarry, but the cold experience didn’t put me off and I’ve had a passion for diving ever since. Later, I became a PADI diving instructor and my work took me to Egypt (where I met my lovely wife), Greece, Australia and Thailand. In 2009, we settled in Okinawa with the goal to establish a dive service. Now I'm working towards my PADI Course Director with the ultimate goal of transforming Piranha Divers into a PADI Instructor Training Center. Recently I traveled a lot for further training, inspiration and to be a good father/husband to my family which currently lives in Germany. When I'm in Okinawa usually I'm busy with the maintenance of Equipment making sure all the divers can not only look awesome while diving but also be safe while enjoying whats under the sea.
I can teach a variety of PADI specialty courses such as Sidemount Diving, Enriched Air Nitrox, Equipment Specialist, Deep Diver, Night Diver, Search & Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Navigation, Boat Diver, Drift Diving, Wreck Diver, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV), Oxygen Provider, Digital Underwater Photography, Project Aware and the Emergency First Response Instructor Level
Tomoko - PADI Rescue Diver and the hidden power behind Piranha Divers (Japanese, English)
Tomoko is responsible for all the paperwork and accounting of Piranha Divers, without her Piranha Divers would not exist. She is not only doing dry work but also is a certified Rescue Diver and every now and then she loves to squeeze a dive in when there is time, which is rare in a busy Japanese lifestyle.
Pierre - PADI Instructor #414311 and Photoshop Guru (English, German)
Pierre is from Switzerland but left the cold weather behind and is now living the dream here in tropical Okinawa, teaching diving in German and English to all the visitors wanting to learn diving at Piranha Divers. Pierre has a extensive background in the customer service industry helping people get there electronic devices to work again, valuable experience he now is using daily as a PADI Instructor. When the weather is bad and the waves are high he usually can be found behind a computer developing stickers, t-shirts and other merchandise designs for Piranha Divers as well creating visual engaging content for online presence.
He also can teach a few other PADI speciality courses such as Peak Performance Buoyancy, Enriched Air Nitrox and the Oxygen Provider Course.
Want to become a part of the team? (Season starting in 2021)
What we are looking for:
- Active status PADI Instructor
- You speak and write English comfortably and have an understanding of the basics in Japanese language and culture. (Additional languages are a plus)
- Outspoken but not an overbearing personality.
- Ideally you already live in Japan and/or have a Visa to Japan which permits you to work in Japan
- Computer skills, the more the better. Typing e-mails and text messages ability to keep our Social Media presence current.
- Working Holiday Visa applicants will be considered.
- Driving License valid in Japan
- Sportive and Customer oriented
- You Love to be Underwater but are not shy of the duties which need to be done outside the water.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and a no BS approach is required.
What we offer:
- Equal Opportunity Employment
- Competitive Salary, depending on your Skills, Experience and lengths of your contract/Visa.
- Japanese Health Insurance, Japanese Pension Fund, PADI Fees/Insurance
- A variety of work, teaching Padi courses and exploring dive sites of Okinawa
- Assistance to find a place to stay at a reasonable cost
- Live in Paradise
- Please get in touch if you would like to become part of the family.
Please send your CV to Jan(at)piranha-divers.jp, Please include the following:
- Cover letter
- Last two employers with contact info (not required in the dive industry)
- List of specialties - PADI
- Equipment list - Regs, BCD, and Dive computer
- Wage Expectations (monthly)
- Name - Facebook / Instagram
- Please in you cover letter address why you became a dive instructor and your plans/goals you want to achieve in the next 5 years.