PADI Discover Scuba Diving
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you.
Meeting at Piranha Divers shop at 9:00AM, complete paperwork and watch a 20 minute video on what to expect underwater. Learn the basics on how your SCUBA gear works and assemble the unit together with your Instructor. We drive to a local pool where you get to take your first breaths underwater!! We give you time to enjoy this sensation before moving on to some basic safety skills and maybe some underwater frisbee! After this you will be ready to dive in the ocean, but before you take the plunge we offer a brief lunch usually at the local farmers market. Schedule and traffic permitting. We return to the dive shop after two boat dives at approximately 4:00PM including a one-hour break between the dives where we can have some refreshments and talk about what you’ve just seen!
|Course Duration:||1 Day|
|Class Size:||2 Students per Instructor|
|What's included:||Basic Theory,
Pool Session, 2 Dives and Dive Gear
|Prerequisites:||No prior experience with scuba diving is required!
Must be able to answer “No” to all questions on the PADI medical statement.
Participants under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The course will start at 8:30AM at the dive shop and finish at approximately 4:30PM. Please plan accordingly.
- All students should have basic swimming skills and feel comfortable in and around the water!
- Training is offered in English, Materials are available in English, Chinese and Korean language.
- The pool session is optional to participants who are good swimmers or have been diving in the past. Price will be adjusted accordingly.
- We do offer fish feeding service as it makes the fish and the reef sick.
- We dive without gloves! Experience weightlessness while gliding through the water neutrally buoyant.
- Don't fly within 18 hours of your last dive, please take this into consideration when scheduling your training.