Open Water Diver course
|Course duration:||3 days|
|Course fee:||69.000 yen|
|Class size:||Minimum of 1 student|
|What's includes in the course fee:||Learning materials, certification card, dive gear, 4 ocean dives, pool training, boat fee|
|Prerequisites||- No prior experience with scuba diving is required
- You are at least 12 years old (see note below)
- Have good swimming skills (200m without stopping)
- Able to read and understand training materials in English, as well as course instructions
- Can answer “no” to all questions on the PADI medical statement
If you’ve never dived before but have clicked on a site for diving in Okinawa, you’re probably already thinking about taking the PADI Open Water Diver (OWD) course. This is possibly your best way into diving as it gives you a certification you can take anywhere in the world, and Okinawa is a safe and great place to begin your underwater adventures.
Our typical course schedule is
Day 1: pool training
Day 2: Day 2: two open water dives – maximum depth of 12m/40ft
Day 3: two open water dives – maximum depth of 18m/60ft. Final exam in the afternoon
If this schedule doesn’t fit your needs, we’re happy to offer you the following alternatives.
- Complete all the pool training and dive theory back home, then finish the training here in the clear, warm waters of Okinawa.
- If you’re traveling on a tight schedule, or can’t complete all of the requirements for the Open Water Diver certification in time (due to weather, health or personal ability) you can earn the PADI Scuba Diver rating within only two days and be certified to dive up to 12m/40ft with a diving professional.
- As a certified PADI Scuba Diver, you can upgrade to PADI Open Water Diver level in just one day. Please keep in mind this does depend on your ability, and you may need some more training.
After becoming an Open Water Diver you’re eligible to do the Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) course where you’ll learn to go deeper, learn more about underwater navigation, and become an even more confident diver.
- Participants under 16 years must be accompanied on the course by a parent or legal guardian.
- In the interest of safety we recommend you do not fly within a 24-hour period after diving.
We will dive at this location:
- Gorilla Chop or Sunabe
- Maeda Point