PADI Open Water Diver Course
If you’ve never dived before but are curious to explore what lies beneath the ocean then the PADI Open Water Course is your ticket into a new world. We offer training in small groups, with no more than 4 students per Instructor. Our courses are focused on having fun while also teaching everything needed to be safe. The dive gear you will be using is regularly maintained and replaced. After certification you will be able to dive with a buddy to a depth of 18m/60feet. PADI is the biggest diver training organisation in the world making sure that your certification will be recognized anywhere in the world.
Day 1, Course Orientation at Piranha Divers, Pool training in the afternoon at the Intercontinental Hotel.
Day 2, Training Dives from Shore either at Gorilla Chop or Sunabe Seawall.
Day 3, Training Dives from the Boat at Maeda Point.
|Course Duration:||3 days|
|Course Fee:||69.000 Yen|
|Class Size:||1-4 Students per Instructor|
|What's included:||Learning Materials, Certification Card,
Dive Gear, Pool Training and 4 Ocean Dives
|Prerequisites:||No prior experience with scuba diving is required!
Must be able to answer “No” to all questions on the PADI medical statement.
Participants under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Flexible Training Schedules
Complete all the pool training and dive theory back home (Day 1 of the Course) then finish the open water portion of the course here in Okinawa in two days only.
If you’re traveling on a tight schedule, or can’t complete all of the requirements for the Open Water Diver certification in time (due to weather, health or personal ability) you can earn the PADI Scuba Diver rating. (Day 1 and 2 of the Course) and be certified to dive up to 12m/40ft with a diving professional.
Spend more time on the beach, not in the classroom. You can study in your own time and pace, from anywhere in the world with PADI e-learning. Course content is available in many languages, online and offline and you can enjoy the luxury of traveling light.
- The course will start at 8:30AM at the dive shop and finish at approximately 4:30PM each day. Please plan accordingly. We strongly recommend to complete the PADI e-learning program before the course starts.
- All students must have ability to swim and feel comfortable in and around the water! All participants must be able to tread water for 10 minutes and swim a distance of 200m, independently without stopping or the help of swimming aids. All swimming exercises will be performed in water to deep to stand up in. The inability to meet the swimming requirements will result in not being able to participate any further in this course.
- Training is offered in English, while online training materials are available in many languages, participants are required to communicate in English.
- Training is purchased, certification is earned, no refunds will be given if you cannot meet the training requirements.
- Don't fly within 18 hours of your last dive, please take this into consideration when scheduling your training.